Sandra van Heukelom is a lawyer and partner at Pels Rijcken. She is specialised in digitisation, general administrative law, subsidy regulations (financial instruments) and employment law in the public sector.
As an all-round administrative lawyer, Sandra provides public authorities with in-depth assistance involving complex administrative issues. She is known for her clear conceptual vision in the implementation of new innovative developments within government organisations.
With her thematic approach, Sandra advises public authorities on subjects that will be of relevance to them in the near future. Thus Sandra is currently busy with digital transformation and information management within the government (cloud, big data, blockchain, open data, KEI, et cetera), new financing schemes (funds, subsidies, social impact bonds, the right to challenge), transformation in the social domain, the standardisation of the position of public servants and working and collaborating through networks in the public domain.
Sandra heads the Labour and Public Service Law Department, the local and provincial authorities sector, the Funds Expert Team, the Decentralisation Team and the Digital Transformation Team of Pels Rijcken.
Sandra studied Civil Law and Constitutional and Administrative Law at the Leiden University.
- Lecturer on Subsidy Regulations, (Digital) Administrative Law and Civil Service Law
- Dutch Lawyers Association
- VAR Administrative Law Association
- "According to sources, Sandra van Heukelom-Verhage is "a solid force" in public law, and is also described as "the expert" for subsidy cases., Chambers Europe 2018
- "Very skilful, well-connected practice head", Legal 500 2017
- "She looks at matters not only from a legal perspective and has a pragmatic approach.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "Sandra van Heukelom-Verhage is a 'very smart, easy-going, fast-working lawyer who's very good at the cross-discipline practice of public and civil law', according to clients.", Chambers Europe 2016