Monique started as an attorney in 1989 and developed extensive experience in administrative law and healthcare law. She subsequently specialised in employment relationships, focusing on issues of co-determination, restructuring, employer's liability, equal treatment, individual and collective legal status and mediation. She mainly focuses on the public sector. Monique is chairperson of the Vereniging voor Ambtenaar en Recht, a platform for those whose work involves employment relationships in the public sector. She is also editor of the Collection of opinions of the Netherlands Institute for Human Rights and of the Kennisbank rechtspositie ambtenaren, a database concerning the legal status of public employees. She publishes regularly. From 2008 to 2012, she was a member of Pels Rijcken's management board and responsible for legal practice and quality.
Monique studied Dutch Law at University of Amsterdam. Before, she was a lawyer at Schenkeveld & Sluis.
- Nederlandse Staat and FNV: procedure wage space agreement
- Dutch government and trade unions: strike police cyber summit
- Procedure Nederlandse Staat and GOR-Rijk
- Chair, Vereniging voor Ambtenaar & Recht (Association for Civil Servants and Law), The Hague, 2009
- Editor of the Xpert Civil Service Law, databank for Civil Service Law, Reed Business, Utrecht, 2009
- Dutch Lawyers Association
- Employment Law Association
- Dutch Employment Lawyers Association (VAAN)
- Vereniging Haagse arbeidsrechtadvocaten (Association of Employment Lawyers in The Hague)
- Vereniging voor Ambtenaar & Recht (Association for Civil Servants and Law)
- "Monique de Witte-van den Haak ‘performs above expectations’.", Legal 500 2016