Jeroen Naves is specialised in IT law. Jeroen provides advice and litigates with regard to IT contracts, cloud computing, outsourcing, data and privacy.
Jeroen assists clients who are on the point of purchasing software, hardware or IT services or who find themselves confronted in other respects in an IT project with subjects that require legal attention. He was one of the evaluators of the government-wide contracts in the areas of telecommunication and data communication and he wrote the contract documentation for a large call for tenders regarding the development of a housing system.
In addition, Jeroen represents public authorities and companies in civil lawsuits, both at the court adjudicating the merits of the case and in preliminary relief proceedings. He has experience with complex disputes, especially in the areas of contract law and liability law. Jeroen is an important adviser of public authorities who are considering making use of cloud services.
Jeroen obtained his Bachelor of Laws at the Utrecht Law College. He subsequently completed his master's degree in Private Law at the Utrecht University. He followed the course in Contracts and IT at the Tilburg University.
- Advising of a group municipalities regarding the conclusion of a contract with regard to the decentralisation in the Netherlands
- Advising the State of the Netherlands on a large tender in the field of telecommunication and datacommunication
- Representing the Jeroen Bosch Hospital (JBZ) in the proceedings against the software supplier Alert. In this case, the Court of Appeal in ‘s-Hertogenbosch ruled that Alert must compensate the damage that the JBZ had sustained because Alert had failed to meet its obligations.
- Drawing up the documentation of the sourcing of an IT platform for the Benelux Office for Intellectual Property
- Conducting legal proceedings regarding the termination of an agreement by a software provider
- Providing advice to the Hollands Kroon municipality regarding moving practically its entire digital infrastructure to the cloud (as one of the first municipalities in the Netherlands to do so), which brought the municipality a nomination for the prestigious World Smart City Award.
- Officer, Alumnikring Rechtsgeleerdheid Universiteit Utrecht (Utrecht University's circle of alumni)
- Chairman Kamer B, Appeals Committee, KNKV
- Association Privacy Law
- Dutch Lawyers Association
- Netherlands Association for Information Technology and Law
- Platform Outsourcing Nederland