Cécile assists the government in all issues pertaining to criminal law enforcement, international criminal law and penitentiary law. In addition, she is active in the area of administrative law and the interface between criminal law and administrative law, particularly in terms of privacy and data exchange and monitoring and enforcement. She has considerable experience in litigation and can work rapidly and under pressure. She always takes the political implications of decisions or positions into account. Cécile also advises clients about mediation as an alternative form of dispute resolution and about their role in a mediation process. She has a special love of language. Cécile has been deputy State Advocate since 2015.
Cécile studied Dutch Law and Dutch Language and Literature at the Utrecht University.
- Deputy State Attorney
- Chair of the Criminal Law Unit
- Chair of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
- Dutch Section of the International Commission of Jurists
- Administrative Law Association (VAR)
- Dutch Lawyers Association
- Vrouwennetwerk Bestuursrecht (a network of women specialising in Administrative Law)
- Member of the editorial team and annotator of the journal 'AB Rechtspraak bestuursrecht', 2002-2012
- Lecturer, specialist course for Criminal-Law Attorneys, Utrecht University, Willem Pompe Institute for Criminal Law and Criminology, Utrecht, 1997-2010
- Editor, loose-leaf volume on the Personal Data Protection Act, currently Privacy and Personal Data Module, 2007
- Board member, Stichting VSB Poëzieprijs (VSB Poetry Award Foundation), 2004-2010
- Treasurer, Letterkundig Museum, 1996-2004
- Deputy Chair, Review Committee, municipality of Wateringen, 1993-2003
- Deputy Chair, Advisory Committee on Assessment Objections, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 1995-2004