Sikke is a specialist in copyright law and media law. He assists
clients in litigation concerning the lawfulness of
publications and statements on the internet or in other media,
particularly where it concerns of baseless accusations or
infringements of privacy. He also frequently advises and litigates
in the areas of copyright law, database law, trademark law, trade
names and domain names.
In addition, Sikke is an experienced attorney before the Supreme Court. He conducts a broad Supreme Court cassation practice that focuses on civil procedural law, property and insolvency law, business law and intellectual property law.
Sikke regularly publishes and teaches. He is one of the main editors of cassatieblog.nl, a blog concerning case law arising from cassation appeals under civil law.
- XS4ALL / Brein (HR 13 oktober 2015, ECLI:NL:HR:2015:3307): may an internetprovider be forced to block The Pirate Bay?
- Ingwersen q.q. / ING Commercial Finance (HR 16 oktober 2015, ECLI:NL:HR:2015:3094): is an arrangement of value in violation of bankruptcy law?
- InBev / X (HR 27 november 2015, ECLI:NL:HR:2015:3424: rests on a landlord of premises an obligation to investigate the destination of the rented?
- Member of the Civil Procedural Law Committee, Haagse Orde van Advocaten (The Hague Bar Association) , 2011
- Winner of the 'Addressing the Court' Competition, Young Bar, in the Surpreme Court of the Netherlands, 2008
- Member of the principal editorial staff of the appeals blog Cassatieblog.nl
- Dutch Association for Procedural Law
- Vereniging voor Media- en Communicatierecht (Association for Media and Communications Law)
- Copyright Law Association
- "Clients say he 'is extremely skilled, he works efficiently, quickly and thoroughly, and is always available'.", Chambers Europe 2016
- "Clients say he is strong in analysing complex matters, always working towards solutions for the client and providing very fast service. He is also strong in pleading.", Chambers Europe 2017