Sandra van Heukelom chairs the Employment and Civil Service Law department, is a partner in the Administrative Law department and leads the Provinces and Municipalities sector. As an all-round administrative law lawyer she offers intensive assistance to governments on complex issues of administrative law. Additionally, she specializes in subsidy law and employment law in the public sector. By means of her thematic approach, Sandra advises governments on issues that will become important to them in the near future. Sandra is currently involved in work relating to the WWZ (Work and (Job) Security Act), the 3 Decentralisations in the social domain, the normalisation of civil servants, funds and with networked collaboration in the public domain. Sandra leads the Funds Team, the Decentralisation Team and the Normalisation Transition Team at Pels Rijcken.
- Lecturer on Subsidy Regulations, (Digital) Administrative Law and Civil Service Law
- Dutch Lawyers Association
- VAR Administrative Law Association
- "According to sources, Sandra van Heukelom-Verhage is "a solid force" in public law, and is also described as "the expert" for subsidy cases., Chambers Europe 2018
- "She looks at matters not only from a legal perspective and has a pragmatic approach.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "Very skilful, well-connected practice head", Legal 500 2017
- "Sandra van Heukelom-Verhage is a 'very smart, easy-going, fast-working lawyer who's very good at the cross-discipline practice of public and civil law', according to clients.", Chambers Europe 2016