René conducts a varied advisory and litigation practice
in corporate law. He is highly regarded as a trusted
Corporate governance, public-private partnerships, (corporate) litigation, the liability of financial institutions, and finance and restructuring are at the heart of René's practice. His clients include corporations, government authorities and regulators in different sectors (energy, financial and transport).
René leads several of Pels Rijcken's legal teams in various multimillion lawsuits for corporate clients.
From 2002 to 2008, René was chairman of Pels Rijcken's governing board and was as such responsible for the corporate policy and the strategy of the firm.
- Participation of a large local authority in Warmtebedrijf. Full documentation and transaction negotiations
- Reorganisation of a large housing corporation and deal with derivatives banks. Advisor to the supervisory authority
- Responsibility of banks on the grounds of prospectus of record issue. Leader of litigation team
- Corporate Litigation Association
- International Bar Association
- Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats
- Juridisch Genootschap Door Tijd en Vlijt (Legal Society 'Door Tijd en Vlijt')
- Commercial Law Association