Karlijn is an experienced litigator with more than 10 years experience as a Supreme Court litigator. She has a broad cassation practice with an emphasis on liability, insurance and compensation. In addition, in Supreme Court proceedings she focusses particularly on general property rights, employment law, transport law, civil procedural law, insolvency law and international public and private law. Karlijn also litigates in the courts of fact. This chiefly concerns complex disputes involving liability and government liability, compensation and international law. Due to her academic experience, Karlijn receives regular requests to publish and give lectures, particularly on civil procedure law. In addition to this, she is one of the principal editors of Cassatieblog.nl, the weblog about case law arising from civil cassation appeals.
- HR 19 december 2014, ECLI:NL:HR:2014:3679: should a health insurance company reimburse healthcare which falls outside the insured basic package and if so, in which instances?
- HR 28 november 2014, ECLI:NL:HR:2014:3461: scope of the “immunity from legal recourse defence” of art. 7:962(3) DCC
- HR 26 september 2014, ECLI:NL:HR:2014:2797: the refundability of a “no cure no pay” fee as extrajudicial costs pursuant to art. 6:96(2) DCC
- Advocate at the Supreme Court
- Editor of the journal 'Tijdschrift voor Civiele Rechtspleging', 2007
- Annotator of the volume 'Jurisprudentie Burgerlijk Procesrecht', Sdu Publishers, 2002
- Dutch Lawyers Association
- Dutch Association for Procedural Law
- Association for Civil Law
- Vereniging van Civiele Cassatieadvocaten (Association of Civil-Law Practitioners of Supreme Court Litigation)
- Editor of the journal 'Maandblad voor Vermogensrecht', Boom legal publishers, 2006-2013