Iman Brinkman is specialised in energy law and is head of the Energy Team at Pels Rijcken. His consultancy practice focuses in particular on energy legislation and regulations and energy contracts and projects. He also litigates regularly in civil and administrative proceedings concerning energy-related subjects. In his practice, sustainable energy and climate change have a prominent place. Iman represents parties involved in all the links of the energy chain, fromupstream(gas and electricity production, gas storage; heat production) todownstream(gas and electricity transport, trade, supply and purchase; heat supply). His clients include gas and electricity producers, suppliers and traders, property developers, as well as public authorities. Iman speaks fluent English, French and German.
Iman studied Dutch Law at the Leiden University. He also followed the course in Administrative Law at the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Teacher and coordinator Energy Law at the VU Law Academy
- Teacher Energy Law at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
- Teacher North Sea Energy Law Programme at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
- Secretary, APX Appeals Committee, Amsterdam
- Dutch Energy Law Association
- Editor team of the journal 'Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Energierecht'
- Column writer Energie Actueel
- Column writer ENSOC
- "Very knowledgeable about energy law and is an analytical thinker.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "The really smart and very analytical Iman Brinkman is clients' first port of call for issues with regulators, authorities or government,", Chambers Europe 2017
- "Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn NV’s department is led by the very client-focused Iman Brinkman, who has in-depth knowledge of the sector [...].", Legal 500 2017
- Band 2-ranking Energy & Natural Resources, Chambers Europe 2016
- Leading energy lawyer, Who’s Who Legal 2014
- Leading lawyer in Energy and Natural Resources, Expert Guides