Work and Security Act (Wwz)
On 1 July 2015, the Wet werk and zekerheid (Wwz,Work and Security Act) came into force, which entails a substantial change of the law on termination of employment. Prior to 1 July 2015, companies had to adapt their HR policy because of the new act, before having had any practical experience with it. During this phase, we supported companies with reviewing their dismissal policy in case of inadequate performance and with implementing changes in their CLAs and redundancy packages, among other things.
We advise, for instance, in the situation in which an employee, after signing a settlement agreement, invokes the consideration period, about the pros and cons of setting up a CLA-dismissal committee, or about the timing at which it is still possible to introduce a non-competition clause in a fixed-term contract.
We have knowledge and experience that we like to use and share with others. For this reason, we are pleased to offer you the possibility to hold a free "sparring ideas" session with us on matters that are relevant to you, without any obligation. Please do not hesitate to contact Annette de Jong of Marije Schneider if you wish to avail yourself of this offer.
- "A highly professional and respected labour team who achieve good results while maintaining a pleasant relationship.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "Knowledgeable, emphatic and flexible.", Chambers Europe 2018
- Clients commend the team for its excellent client service, saying: They provide a high standard of professional legal advice and support which meets our own high professional standards.", Chambers Europe, 2017
- "They take excellent care of the personal relationship with us.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "Pels Rijcken is excellent, particularly in terms of response times, appropriateness of advice and personal contact. Its overall level of service is outstanding." - Chambers Europe 2016
- "The team is accurate, working without delay and within short time limits. It shows in-depth knowledge in the field of its expertise and it is very flexible and quick." - Chambers Europe 2016
- "Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn NV's 'truly excellent' department is led by Sandra van Heukelom-Verhage." - Legal 500 2016