Infrastructure & Asset Management
Timely insight about show stoppers prevents delay
Asset management is increasingly playing a role in infrastructural projects, particularly in view of the fact that these continue to increase in volume, duration and capacity. Good management, construction and maintenance of infrastructure do not only ensure more professionalism in the sector. Cost reduction and improvement are also important by-products of good asset management. But what about the legal component?
Asset management entails the following steps based on the plan-do-check-act method:
- Policy & Strategy
- Managing & Programming
- Planning & Preparing
- Building & Maintaining
- Monitoring & Analysing
- Evaluating & Improving
During each of these steps in the process of asset management, there are also potential legal hindrances. Examples include an incorrect spatial planning decision, a nesting house sparrow or the absence of a prescribed environmental impact report. This kind of legal obstacle can result in plans being prematurely rejected, intended projects either not going ahead or else not in the size or form originally envisaged, or in serious delays which cost more time, money and energy. It is therefore important to make these legal obstacles clear at an early stage.
Steer more effectively towards the desired end
You can steer more effectively if you have a clear overview of potential legal obstacles. For every problem there is a solution. Furthermore, we know the legal possibilities and impossibilities, the criteria that are applied, the current policies, the relevant case law and the latest insights better than anyone. Add to that our experience in handling politically sensitive and complex situations and you can see the added value of a well substantiated and cleverly written advice.
Practical and personal advice
There are 19 environmental management law specialists working in our Spatial Planning & Environment Department, each with their own expertise and unique competencies. The common denominator is our practical approach to the problems. This results in concrete recommendations that can be immediately put into practice with the objective of ensuring that plans are carried out. In addition, we like to have personal contact and encourage long-term relationships.
Would you like to know more?
Are you about to embark on a large infrastructural project or are you preparing for a challenge in management or maintenance? And do you want to ensure that your project is not tripped up unnecessarily by a legal obstacle? We would be happy to help you with a LegalSanityCheck or to make the whole procedure transparent with our LegalRoadMap. Whatever the case, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
- "They communicate in a very effective way and are fast, accurate, concise, accessible and easy to get along with. They can provide a high-end legal solution on complex issues at very short notice.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "They have the ability to see things from the perspective of the client, in order to provide realistic and practical advice.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "The 'very effective communicators' are 'always impressive', delivering 'high-end solutions to complex issues at very short notice'.", Legal 500 2018
- "The team has impressed me many times. It is a close-knit team which is fast, accurate, concise, always accessible and easy to get along with. They are also able to provide high-end legal solutions on complex issues at very short notice.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "New developments are always on top of their mind and they develop pragmatic legal products which are very useful.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "It is very customer-focused and has proved to us that it has extensive knowledge. A lot of attention is paid to fostering a good working relationship with the client.", Chambers Europe 2016
- "It is accessible, it has deep knowledge of public law and it practises law in a way that adds significant value to the client's business.", Chambers Europe 2016
- "The team's sector knowledge is 'up to date and thorough'.", Legal 500 2016