Real Estate is an important part of the assets of companies, public authorities and private individuals. The interests are enormous and therefore require a multidisciplinary approach from lawyers and notaries who have a keen eye for the interests, risks and potential solutions. Pels Rijcken has an experienced team of real estate specialists who can find a way forward and act quickly and who can speak the language of the sector.
The lawyers and notaries of the Real Estate Department provide advice about issues, transactions and disputes involving area development, the ownership and exploitation of immovable property, structured sales processes of immovable property, public private partnerships (PPP), the financing of immovable property and cooperative arrangements. Moreover, the lawyers of the Real Estate Department have an extensive track record with litigating in real estate disputes.
The following activities are part of their core business:
- the sale, purchase and supply of immovable property
- the lease of immovable property
- change of function, operation and management of immovable property
- performing due diligence enquiries
- providing assistance with project development and area development
- ground lease and rights of superficies and other business rights
- apartment rights
- mortgages, financing and loans
- execution sales by public authorities and banks
- homeowner association disputes
- eviction and anti-squatting.
The lawyers and notaries of the Real Estate Department have a great deal of experience in all sectors where real estate is a relevant factor for both commercial parties and public authorities. The real estate team is regularly involved in urban developments, the division of the care and accommodation functions of care homes, the financing of healthcare centres, the housing of educational institutions and innovative real estate developments in the energy sector. The real estate team is also involved in the large-scale restructuring of housing associations and their property as well as the marketing and sale of surplus real estate.
The economic circumstances and the regulatory framework are changing very rapidly. The real estate specialists of Pels Rijcken keep a close eye on these developments and due to their exceptional knowledge of the public sector, they are eminently well placed to provide advice about the legal changes in the real estate sector.
Our clients include the State, various large municipalities such as The Hague, Rotterdam and Amsterdam, medium-sized and small municipalities, provinces (including Noord-Holland and Utrecht), large companies such as Esso and KPN, property developers such as AM and Multi Vastgoed, pension funds and investment funds, housing associations such as Staedion, and other institutions such as the Waarborgfonds voor de Sociale Woningbouw, Bouwend Nederland and BNG.
- "Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn NV's 'very good' team is headed by Maryse Mesu-Abbekerk, with support from notary Cees de Zeeuw.", Legal 500 2016