Energy supplies drive our economy, but the call for sustainability and renewable energy, increasing globalisation and the arrival of newcomers on the market has created a playing field of conflicting interests requires attorneys that know how relationships between various stakeholders work. Pels Rijcken has a team of energy specialists who speak the language of this industry and have a clear understanding of the issues involved.
The energy industry crosses the borders of traditional legal fields, such as administrative law, environmental law, competition law and contract law. The context is ever-changing: yesterday's accepted practice might be obsolete today and perhaps even prohibited tomorrow. Conversely, regulations that are still pending may create new opportunities in the short term. Pels Rijcken's energy specialists follow these developments very closely.
The team offers advice on issues involving all of the links in the energy chain: drafting energy contracts, geothermal heat, the trade in emission rights and the construction of wind farms are some of the recurrent themes.
Reference work on the Heating Supply Act and the heating supply regulatory framework
The Minister of Economic Affairs recently submitted a proposal to the House of Representatives for the amendment of the Heating Supply Act (the "legislative proposal").
Pels Rijcken has produced an excellent reference work for you in which it has incorporated the impact of the legislative proposal on the present Heating Supply Act with additions and deletions in the current wording of the Act. If you would like to know what the consequences are of this legislative proposal, you can download your copy of the reference work here.
- "It is a high-level law firm, but at the same time accessible and down-to-earth.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "Easy and pleasant to work with,", Chambers Europe 2018
- "The team I worked with was highly skilled, knew when to involve colleagues, and responded very quickly to my questions.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "They provide us with useful information and advice, and think along with our business.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "The practice is commended for its thorough knowledge." , Legal 500 2016
- "The team was quick and to the point in its response and gave clear answers to my questions.", Chambers Europe 2015
- "The lawyers are up to date with the energy market and understand their clients.", Chambers Europe 2015