Administrative law is central to the practice of many of the lawyers at Pels Rijcken. An important aspect is the fact that the government acts in different capacities; that of regulator, administrator and executor. Due to our strong position within the public domain, our administrative law lawyers have a higher political-administrative sensitivity than anyone else.
Administrative law is central to the practice of many of the lawyers at Pels Rijcken. An important aspect is the fact that the government has different functions; that of regulator, administrator and executor. Due to our strong position within the public domain, our administrative law lawyers have a higher political-administrative sensitivity than anyone else.
Public administration acts in accordance with the interests of society in which politics plays an important role. Based on their expertise, theadministrative law lawyersof Pels Rijcken know what the client needs and what government interests are at stake.
Due to decades of experience, the administrative law specialists of Pels Rijcken are able to combine their political, administrative and legal knowledge in the advice they provide. The General Administrative Law Act, which standardises government action but also provides the government with many opportunities, forms the backbone of administrative law. Pels Rijcken knows this law better than most, follows all developments closely and has a website that is accessible to everyone where the parliamentary history of the General Administrative Law Act (PG Awb) is kept digitally up to date and explained.
As a result of regularly providing advice and frequently conducting lawsuits, Pels Rijcken has a head start over other firms. The administrative law lawyers are accordingly the best placed to convey the outlook and positions of the government in court. The firm receives a great deal of information first-hand and has unique and up-to-date expertise at its disposal. Due to the fact that we often act on behalf of administrative clients, Pels Rijcken has a broad overview of the latest developments in administrative law in the Netherlands and of all the issues that are dealt with by administrative tribunals.
- "They communicate in a very effective way and are fast, accurate, concise, accessible and easy to get along with. They can provide a high-end legal solution on complex issues at very short notice.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "They have the ability to see things from the perspective of the client, in order to provide realistic and practical advice.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "The team has impressed me many times. It is a close-knit team which is fast, accurate, concise, always accessible and easy to get along with. They are also able to provide high-end legal solutions on complex issues at very short notice." Chambers Europe 2017
- "New developments are always on top of their mind and they develop pragmatic legal products which are very useful." Chambers Europe 2017
- "They have an excellent eye for the possible juridical risks and bring that to our attention. They will also contribute to creative solutions in order to solve complex policy issues. The team has built up considerable experience in these matters." Chambers Europe 2017
- "It is very customer-focused and has proved to us that it has extensive knowledge. A lot of attention is paid to fostering a good working relationship with the client." Chambers Europe 2016
- "It is accessible, it has deep knowledge of public law and it practises law in a way that adds significant value to the client's business." Chambers Europe 2016
- General Administrative Law Act
- Local administration
- European law and administrative law
- Competition & market regulation / Regulated industries
- Health law
- Education law
- Privacy and data exchange
- State aid
- Supervision and enforcement
- Disciplinary law
- Public housing
- Foreign nationals law